Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Solstice Sneaking In....

A friend of mine who lives in Florida wrote to me today to remind me that we are officially into the summer season!  It's funny, even though the calendar tells us when summer begins, to me, it does sort of "sneak in".  And it doesn't stick around quite long enough anymore.  Not like it did when we were 12 years old.  Up at dawn, outside all day and into the evening.

Speaking of evening....tonight I will be joining some of my friends to take a peek into the night sky and see what's going on out in space.  The super moon is upon us and I'm sure the telescope will be viewing that great orb.   But, it's the other things that the eye cannot see without the aid of a telescope that interests me much more than the moon.  Oh don't get me wrong, I love the moon!  But, what you can't see beyond it is quite intriguing.


Until next post.....

2 comments:

debbie said...

hey, look at that. i just read your new post and right under the pictures it gives me a little box to "post a comment" he he he the simple things in life that make me happy...let me know if you see any houses for sale out there in space.... lol

Gail said...

Didn't see any houses debbie, but lots of craters! Thanks for the comment!!