Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Beach House build continues...














The weather has been great for working on The Beach House, and I have been trying to get out there each night to do what I can.  It is beginning to feel like I am really making head way toward completion! 
And, that is exhilarating to me!!  Yesterday, I ordered my RV toilet and shower pan in order to complete my plumbing.  I need to do that now to test my connections for leaks (or, no leaks!) to then close in the inner walls.  

Here's a few pictures of what I've done since my last post....
 My new blue door!  I love my new blue door!  The color is Black Sapphire by Behr.  It is a great paint.  I think it really compliments the gray shingle siding nicely.
I'm getting the tongue and groove pine up fairly quickly.  Once that is complete, I will be "pickling" it....like a white wash.  
The bathroom walls have a distressed look paneling as you can see in this photo.
On to the starboard side, I've been getting insulation up where there are no water lines to check.
I ordered my vinyl flooring, so while I waited for it to arrive I made a paper template for my cutting guide as the vinyl flooring is one piece!  Yes, one piece!!  I didn't want any seams and this stuff is amazingly comfortable on my bare feet!!!  My only reservation is will it sustain dropped items and such as well as manufactured flooring or a more rigid vinyl?...probably not, but I went ahead and decided on it.  I hope you like the looks as much as I do.

 I unrolled it on the lawn to attach my template for cutting.

I think it really brings things together with the dark flooring and lighter walls.  What do you think?


 

4 comments:

Lisa Bergeron said...

I can't wait for the first girls weekend !! It looks AMAZING

Gail said...

Thank you so much, Lisa! It is finally feeling like I am close to the finish line. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great...and I would expect no less from you, Fruit. :) <3

Gail said...

Thanks, Kath!