Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back on the road again...

My sister and I enjoyed a weekend road trip to go visit our mother to celebrate her birthday.  On our way there, we needed to stop and grab a bite to eat.  One of the things we love to do when we make these trips is to find a restaurant that we've never been to before.  This trip we found two.  The first one was the Bridge Side Grille in Sunderland, MA.  Delicious food and reasonable prices.  If you're ever in that area, be sure to give them a try.

Once at mom's house, we enjoyed each others company, shared stories, played Scrabble (I won!), opened gifts and sang mom the birthday song so she could make a wish and blow out the candles.  I made her a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and it was yummy if I do say so myself!

After our visit it was time for our long ride back home.  Again, we needed to stop and "re-fuel".  This time, we found Shepard's Pie Restaurant in beautiful Quechee VT.  Click on the photo link on the right side bar to visit their website.  It is the VT mountains with a hot air balloon image.  We were very much impressed with this find.  We shared chicken quesadillas and nachos.  Absolute food heaven!  The quesadillas had caramelized onions, thick slab bacon bits, cheese, fresh spinach and cooked to perfection chicken.  They were drizzled with this scrumptious mayo based sauce infused with lime.  Mmmmmm.  After my hazelnut coffee, we said our thank you's and good bye's and we'll see you soon's and headed back on the road again.

I love road trips, don't you?

No comments: