Monday, March 11, 2013

Almost springtime in VT....

March, 11th 2013

It's been a while since we had the opportunity to head north.  What a beautiful weekend it was!  There was a good foot of snow on the ground, the sun was shining and there was no wind at all.  The temperature hit 50!  Talk about the best of two seasons....we had it and we loved every minute of it.



Saturday was our putzin' around day.  Doing whatever entered our minds at the time.  It felt good to get stuff done without any sort of agenda to follow.  I did quite a bit of snow shoveling.  The tin roof snow removal was more than my body was accustomed to and the proof of that was my sore muscles the next day.  We did a bit of riding on the ATV.  I took a good walk with friends to catch up and get some exercise in.  Just an overall "good to the last drop" weekend.



And, let's not forget about the food.  I love food.  I believe I've mentioned that a time or two before.  We dined on home made tomato orzo soup with croutons, a scrumptious salad with tender greens, mandarin slices, slivered almonds, cranberries and crumbled cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  My mouth is watering just writing this down!  Oh, and salted caramel brownie bites.  Can you say YUM?



With spring right around the corner, we will soon be planting, mowing, fixing and doing all those things we think about while the snow melts.  Can't you just smell it?

Until next time...




No comments: