Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fate...

March 25th, 2013

While my sister and I were shopping in one of our favorite consignment stores, Again and Again in Dunn's Corners, Westerly, I came across a hard cover book about Newfoundland dogs and immediately thought of a dear friend of mine who breeds these dogs.  This friend moved away quite some time ago, but we've stayed in contact all these years.  Without hesitation, I turned to my sister and said, "I am buying this book for Mickey."  We finished up with our shopping.  Spent very little, and got very much.  That is the treat to shopping in consignment stores.  I dropped my sister off at her house and headed home to settle in for the evening, tucking the book in my bag for mailing out the following day.  On my desk, the book was ready to mail and I thought, 'I should stick a little note on the inside cover'.  To my surprise, on the inside cover was Mickey's name and a date....in her writing!!!  What are the chances of this sort of thing happening?  I was simply blown away! 


Fate....it's a marvelous thing.

No comments: