Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Girls gone north"....





Well, we finally did it...we all got together and had a fun overnight stay at camp.  Weather was so so, food was incredible and hanging out together was priceless.  Did we drink?  Yes.  Did we laugh? Yes.  Did we shop?  Oh yes.   We had a blast.  There was a nice warm fire outside, there was a pitch black night sky full of stars, there was a tiny bit of shimmering midnight snowfall...what more can a bunch of friends hope for on a "girls gone north" weekend?  Only to be able to do it again!
I confess....I am a whiskey girl.  This toast clearly shows I am the only one in pure enjoyment of the shot!  It is obvious that Lisa was not so happy with the Crown Royal!  I crack up every single time I look at the "after" picture.  :)  Sorry Lisa!  I am so very fortunate to have such a great group of friends and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for being in my life.  Some are new friends and others I have known since childhood.  They are my peeps, my amigos, my posse....my friends.  PS:  the only one missing this toast is our little babushka, Cynthia who was pregnant and napping....pleasant dreams chica!!


Camp is small, but that didn't stop us from all bunking in it together with the fire going and the stories we were telling.  I have to admit, I stayed awake until all I could hear was snoring....it wasn't a loud kind of snoring, just that kind that tells me everyone here is comfortable and will no doubt be getting a good nights sleep.  And I believe we all did. :)





Sunday morning coffee...round one.  One of my most favorite times at camp is coffee, and my second most favorite time is coffee at camp with my friends!  Thanks to you all for joining me!

Until next time....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to do this again :)

Gail said...

Me either! Thanks for commenting. Here's a quote from Kristie..."If you pour champagne into orange cups, does that make your drink a Mimosa?" :)